Thursday, January 26, 2012

HEALTHY TIPS FROM LYNN RUSH

I'm thrilled to have Lynn Rush on today's Fluffy Friday. There's a reason her last name is Rush. I'm winded just reading about everything she does. I admire those who run for exercise. I try not to run unless I'm trying to catch the bus or being chased by a bear. Lynn, you're a true inspiration. Take it away. 

Hey, everyone, Lynn Rush here. I’m so glad to be here on Boone’s blog. I adore talking exercise, health, and healthy living with people, nearly as much as I enjoy talking writing, books, and strange characters!
Now, I’ve been called a bit of a speed junky before since I was once an inline speed-skater who topped out at about 35 MPH going downhill on a regular basis. Then there was mountain biking in the mountains of Colorado and the foothills of Arizona.
That was a rush. The sights I got to see…amazing.
Now I’m into road biking and running. As a matter of fact I just finished the PF Chang’s Half Marathon on January 15th! Now, you might notice my time was not astronomically fast, but that’s okay.
I was out there. I was moving.
Many things got me to the position where I could run that half marathon. A few of them are:
1.  I had a partner. I met up with my BFF 2-3 times per week to run. Having that accountability kept me…accountable. I knew she’d be emailing me the day before, “See you at 5:15” ((and yes, that’s 5:15 AM)). Just having that kept me focused and energized.
2.  Healthy eating.  While this could be a post alone in itself, I’ll just highlight one little thing that really helped me. Wait, two things. One was keeping a food journal. I didn’t want to have chocolate, chips, cheesecake staring back at me from the page, so I steered away from the junk foods I love (most days!!). There’s just something about writing it down that kept me focused on not eating so horribly. The second thing was my hubby. Much like my BFF kept me accountable, my hubby helped keep me inspired. He, too, was in training for an event. Sure, his was an Ironman, but still. Because he was “on board” with me, it helped me stay focused. And there’s just nothing like the encouraging remarks from a loved one.
3.  Writing down my exercise plan. I’m a To-Do-List person for SURE. I love referencing a list to see what I had to do from one day or the next. So, I mapped out my exercise plan and wrote it down. Eventually I didn’t even really consult it anymore, but I started out with it posted on my fridge. Monday: 30-minute run. Tuesday: Bike ride. Wednesday:….and so on. They say that if you can keep up with something for six-weeks, it becomes a habit, and if writing down a checklist for that long is what it takes to get in a rhythm…do it!
Now, those steps may or may not work for you, personally, but these were just a few things that got me started.
And remember… if you’re very new to exercise, you should check with your doc first to see that everything’s okay to get started. I wouldn’t want anyone getting hurt.
I love hanging out online chatting it up so come find me you guys!  Blog.

Short Bio:
Lynn Rush began her writing career in 2008. She has both an undergraduate and graduate degree in the mental health field and has enjoyed applying that unique knowledge to develop unique characters.
Wasteland (Wasteland #1) released September 2011. Awaited (Wasteland #2) releases May 2012. Violet Midnight (Violet Night #1), the first in the Violet Night Trilogy, releases August 2012.
A former inline speed skater and mountain biker, Lynn has been known to test the limits of her athletic endurance. So, when she's not writing, she spends time enjoying the Arizona sunshine by road biking nearly 100 miles per week with her husband of fifteen years and going on jogs with her loveable Shetland Sheep dogs.
Catch the Rush: www.lynnrush.com
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/k6NAZa  
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/pbigOg
All Romance Ebooks: http://bit.ly/nujjjp
You Tube Trailer:  http://youtu.be/k-KRE1yMiNk 



Blurb for Wasteland:
Bound by the blood contract his human mother signed four centuries ago, half-demon, David Sadler, must obey his demonic Master’s order to capture fifteen-year-old Jessica Hanks. But as he learns more about her, he realizes she may be the key to freedom from his demonic enslavement.

The only obstacle—Jessica’s distractingly beautiful Guardian, Rebeka Abbott. He must not give in to their steamy chemistry, or he will lose his humanity. But fresh off a quarter millennia of sensory deprivation as punishment for not retrieving his last target,

1 comment:

LynnRush said...

HI!!! Thanks for having me here, today!!! I love chatting exercise and health! :) Have a super day!